Rules & Regulations
If a resident is involved in a disciplinary issue:
- They must attend a meeting with the Director.
- If the issue cannot be resolved, they will attend a hearing before the Board of Directors.
- They must be willing to abide by the Biblical sanctions set forth by the Board’s decision.
- They will be required to write a short paper on the Biblical principles of the sin they committed and what Scripture says about how to overcome that particular sin.
- If a person is unwilling to repent and conform to the rules set forth, they will be brought before the Board again. This time to review the possibility of removal from the program.
Dispute Resolution Between Residents
When a dispute arises between two residents, they are required to resolve it among themselves using proper Biblical procedures. This will be done by using a dispute resolution form. If it continues to be a problem after that, the issue will be brought before the Board of Directors. The resident must comply with any sanctions handed down by the Board’s decision.
Removal From the Program
There are three reasons a resident may be asked to immediately leave The Mission House program:
- Drug or alcohol relapse of any kind, or refusing a drug or alcohol test.
- Fighting or violence of any kind.
- Sexual misconduct.
If any of these occur, the resident may be asked to immediately remove himself from the premises. A hearing will follow to seek proper Biblical restoration. Removal from the program is a decision made by the Director… It IS NOT a Board decision.
The Director, Matt Perkins, is an NABC Certified Biblical Counselor (National Association of Biblical Counselors). All residents are required to fill out and return a PDI (personal data inventory) form. There are daily counseling sessions, and residents are required to participate and complete all assigned homework.
No drug or alcohol use will be tolerated. Residents must consent to a drug or alcohol test whenever requested. If a test is refused, it is treated as a positive test result; which results in immediate removal. If a resident is found in possession of either drugs or alcohol they will be immediately removed from the program.
Studies and Meetings
A resident is required to attend all studies, meetings and classes both in-house and churches in our local area.
Residents are required to work every day with the Mission House work crews. In addition, there are daily house chores to be completed. All chores must be finished before any recreational activities can begin.
Residents are required to turn in any money to the Director or House Manager, which will be kept in The Mission House North Kitsap savings account. Residents may never have money in their possession.
When a resident needs a resupply of personal items, items may be sent to them by their family, be purchased by the family on a visitation, or be purchased on a Saturday shopping trip with the House Manager who will accompany them to the store in order to pay for their purchases with the money they have in the Mission House North Kitsap savings account.
The use of any kind of tobacco products is strictly forbidden (chew, cigarettes, cigars etc.).
There is no foul language or coarse joking of any kind allowed in The Mission House North Kitsap.
There are no females allowed in The Mission House North Kitsap unless the visit is pre-approved, and then only in the designated visiting area.
There is no pornography of any kind (movies, magazines, phone calls, etc.) allowed on the premises of The Mission House Noarth Kitsap.
There is no abusive music (music that contains sexual innuendos, drug references, foul language, etc.) allowed in The Mission House North Kitsap.
- Cell phones (activated or not)
- Any electronics with internet capability (i.e.-laptops, iPod Touch, PSP, etc.)
- Video Games (handheld or console)
- Prescription Medications w/o prior approval
- Derogatory clothing (that displays or encourages sex, drugs, violence, etc.)
- Checkbooks & Debit/Credit Cards & Gift Cards
- Movies: PG-13, Unrated or R rated
- Supplements for workouts (vitamins allowed if approved by staff)
These rules may be amended by the Director without any notification to the residents of the program, and must be followed at all times.
Each resident must have an Approved Sponsor in order to leave the premises on their Saturday visits, or for any other reason (medical, legal, etc.). Please download the following application, which all sponsors must complete and return before any visits will be allowed. The resident will be allowed a maximum of three approved sponsors at any given time. (insert form here)
Residents may receive visits only on Saturdays, from 1-9 PM. This applies to both in-house and out-of-house visitation.
Exceptions will be made on holidays and for out-of-state families traveling long distances. A written visitation plan MUST be in place by Thursday morning prior to the weekend visit. If you do not submit a visiting plan, you will not be allowed a visit that weekend.
Phone Call Schedule
Residents may receive phone calls:
- Fridays, 6 PM – 12 AM
- Saturdays, 1 – 11 PM
- Sundays 1 – 10 PM